IMPORTANT FIRST STEPS
Producing prototypes is an important part of the production process and is central in our philosophy for realising product ideas. A prototype gives an idea it's first optic, haptic and functional qualities of the future product.
The PAYER research and development department work hand in hand with mould and tool making experts. The primary objective is to create prototypes in a quick and efficient way to match a product's form and function. The insight and knowledge gained are used in the design process to allow cost effective realisation of the serial tool.
Our portfolio includes:
- 3D printed prototypes for haptic and optic design evaluation
- Geometric prototypes/ mock-ups for lining tests
- Functional prototypes to test functions close to production
We offer customers to see their product realised with 3D prints, vacuum casts and our Rapid Tooling Programme. This ensures that the required samples are available at every stage of the development process.
RAPID TOOLING PROGRAMME
The rapid tooling programme stands for the development and manufacturing of injection moulding tools. We offer single item production and small series production on two levels:
3D printed injection moulding tools
PAYER offers an enhanced prototyping programme – from the first geometric prototype up to fully functional assembly. Our 3D printed tools are unique:
- Prompt availability of the parts
- Use of the original plastics
- Cost advantage compared to steel or aluminium tools
» Optimum solution for up to 50 parts
» Sophisticated prototypes in up to 5 working days
Steel tools - the bridge between prototypes and series parts
The tools are milled from unhardened steel (up to 44HRC). Additional welding, milling or grinding enables simple product modifications and part optimisations to be carried out. The close to production tools provides high quality parts that can be used in tests or samples.
Tools designed to produce more than 1000 pieces, the tool can provide parts that are needed during serial tool production, industrialisation phase and the finishing phase.
» Cost effective solution from 10 to 1000 parts
» Sophisticated prototypes in up to 10 working days
We also offer:
- Mold flow Analysis
- Sampling and initial sample test report
- Process capability analysis
- 2K parts
- Surface treatment e.g. paint finishing
- Materials: Thermoplastics
- Surface: Milled or sand blasted as standard or eroded, etched or polished on customers request
- Constant possibility for modifications
- Up to 3 tools per week
- Possibility of undercuts
- Part size up to 220x220 mm
- Inserts made of steel