PAYER exports high-performance products
St. Bartholomä, June 11, 2010
PAYER is the Styria-based prize-winning exporter in the Production category, as well as a runner-up for the Austrian export prize in the Industry category.
Rob Bekkers, CEO, explains: “PAYER was set up in 1946 with the aim of developing the world's best men's shaver. Building on this pursuit of quality, the company has grown from a family business into a global player with a 99% share of the export market. We also rely more than ever on the expertise of our headquarters in Styria, Austria.”
PAYER has stood for considerably more than men’s shavers for a long time: The company counts itself among the world’s major industry suppliers in the field of electrical hair removal products. The expertise that has been accumulated over decades in precision development and manufacturing in tool manufacture, plastics technology, injection moulding, coatings and construction also forms the basis for two further and extremely successful pillars of the company. PAYER has succeeded in developing innovative solutions and preparing them for the market on behalf of partners in a variety of sectors, both in the area of Industrial Solutions and Health Care Solutions.
Rob Bekkers continues: “The export prize is a great honour. It underlines the importance of our company for Styria and it motivates our entire team, of course. I also see it as a token of appreciation for our efforts in the region of Styria.”
At present, PAYER is focusing its efforts on expanding the Business Unit Health Care Solutions at its headquarters in St. Bartholomä. The aim is to make an international name for the company in this promising market. Certification to ISO 13485 for medical products will soon be complete.
As a Trusted Outsourcing Partner, PAYER is generally succeeding in its vision of being the cross-sector market leader as systems supplier (OEM/ODM Supplier). Every Business Unit’s stated goal is to be regarded as the first port of call for international companies’ outsourcing projects.
- Business Units: Personal Care, Industrial Solutions, Health Care Solutions.
- Branches in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as Asia, with the addition of sales offices in Germany and Hong Kong, as well as plants in Austria, Hungary, Ukraine and China.
- Export markets: Western Europe (40%), North America (50%), Asia (10%)
- Future markets: Existing markets, as well as Eastern Europe and the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China)
- Employees: 1100 employees worldwide, of which around 100 work in Western Styria, Austria
- Group turnover in 2009: 71 million euros.